[OT] Re: Debconf in Israel

[John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, 2019-03-21]
> According to this logic, you wouldn't be allowed to host a DebConf in almost any
> country in the world as almost any stretch of land has changed owners, deliberately
> or by force over the time.
>
> The farm of my great grand-parents is now owned by Polish people and the land around
> it which used to be Germany is now Poland. But that's a historic fact that cannot be
> reverted. That doesn't mean I boycott Poland or Polish people in any way. In fact, one
> of my best friends is from Poland.

it is Poland but it wasn't our decision. Poland was attacked by Germany
(AKA Nazi) and 16 days later by Russia (AKA USSR).
Great Britain, USA and Russia later decided that Poland will be moved to
the west (i.e. east part of Poland was taken from us) - we had no say in
this and were occupied by Russia for the next 45 years… (and it was more
devastating than what Germans and Russians did during WWII to us, and
they did/steal/kill a lot/many of us!) so thank you very much for not
boycotting Poland, but IMHO you should not boycott UK/USA and Russia
instead of Poland.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry for off topic
--
GPG: 1D2F A898 58DA AF62 1786 2DF7 AEF6 F1A2 A745 7645