Re: Debconf in Israel

This isn’t true and your going to hear claims that Muslims are blocked by Israel being false from Israelis as they like to pretend it doesn’t occur.

The reality however is Israel even blocks Muslims from non middle eastern countries like Indonesia: https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-05/israel-blocks-indonesian-passport-holders-from-entering-country/9835744?pfmredir=sm

Also if you could somehow get in the visa stamp of Israel can result in you being banned from other countries including Saudi Arabia which will not allow a Muslim with a Israeli stamp to make Hajj.

Either way this ignores the fact that Israel has been murdering Muslims for countless years and the state of Israel sits on occupied Palestinian land. Debian having a conference in contested land where military conflict and oppressive acts are occurring is unacceptable.

We (the Muslim Community of Linux Users) are working on a larger response to Debconf in Israel.

If you at all believe in social justice and oppose human rights violations then you will not attend a Debconf in Israel.