Re: Debconf in Israel

Hi,

On 21/03/2019 16:52, Nasir El-Amin wrote:

There is no such thing as an innocent Israeli just like there is no such thing as a innocent Nazi. Silence is complicity and Israelis aren’t just silent in these issues they are supportive of them because they support the existence of their apartheid state.

This is going too far. It is entirely possible to criticise the Israeli government and their treatment of Palestinians without comparing Jews to Nazis. Also, and just as importantly, while I support criticism of Israel's actions in Palestine, I don't think it's OK to suggest as you appear to that it shouldn't exist at all.

It is surely clear that not all Israelis, and indeed not all Israeli Jews support their government's actions in Palestine.

Regards,

Matthew