Re: Debconf in Israel

Again another terrible comparison not even deserving of a response.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:30 AM, 林博仁 <buo.ren.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月22日 週五 上午1:14寫道:
I'm sorry you didn't say so when we had debconf in Taiwan, where ever
occupied by Spanish, Nederlanders, Japanese, and Chinese.
That didn't prevent a success conference.
Thank god that there's no China-nese DDs complaining that Debconf18 is held at a place occupied by Taiwaneses.

IMO there _are_ valid concerns on whether a government's occupation is justified (e.g. some of us Taiwanese believe the Republic of China government has no legal standing in "occupying" Taiwan), however, this doesn't justify your stance of objecting an event to held in such places as it really doesn't mean that the event support the occupation(unless we really hang a banner that says so).

I have my sympathy to those who may be affected due to the political reasons, but that really not Debconf's fault nor responsibility as a third party.

林博仁(Buo-ren, Lin)
Buo.Ren.Lin@gmail.com

Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> 於 2019年3月22日 週五 上午1:14寫道:
On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 1:59 AM Nasir El-Amin
<nasir_elamin@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Here one Palestinian user of Debian points out he would be excluded: https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/b3cen2/debconf20_to_be_hosted_in_haifa_israel/eiyxby6/
>
> How about we agree that Debconf never take place in a country that would exclude someone based on their religion or national origin as a firm policy? I’d also be advocating against a Debconf in Saudi Arabia because they exclude Israelis.

I'm sorry you didn't say so when we had debconf in Taiwan, where ever
occupied by Spanish, Nederlanders, Japanese, and Chinese.
That didn't prevent a success conference.

We had fun in Taiwan. And I hope we have fun in Israel, too.
Please stop hate speech.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo