Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On 11 September 2014 00:56, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Gunnar Wolf (personal) <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
>
>> I also think the photo-free zones would not be a solution.
>
> Not fully, especially considering that people need to walk around to
> get from A to B and making the hallways no-photo seems like
> unenforceable overkill.

[snip]

> Fwiw, there seem to be lanyards in various neon colours on the web.

This is a great idea - if we can make a no-photo lanyard be double
wide *and* light up when exposed to photo flash (like the pedestrian
safety reflectors), then it will be very easy to notice when a person
with such lanyard gets into a shot by accident in a hallway (those are
often dark enough to require using a flash anyway). It is likely to
look similar to this -
http://media.oregonlive.com/commuting/photo/odotsashejpg-0f34ef3d9d687ea1.jpg
. Very easy to spot in post.

A combination of this with photo-free zones could work :)

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org