Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Gunnar Wolf (personal) <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:

> I also think the photo-free zones would not be a solution.

Not fully, especially considering that people need to walk around to
get from A to B and making the hallways no-photo seems like
unenforceable overkill.

Yet, it would be trivial to designate a hack room as no-photo zone.
Preferably one of the quiet hack rooms as that seems to combine well.

> I think the way out is a visibly distinct conference badge; if the lanyard
> color is clearly different, and we are all aware that "orange lanyard
> means no photos", we will more likely respect it (at least, I surely will).

Colour-coded lanyards and badges are relatively low-hanging fruit.
There should be an understanding that they can not guard against being
photographed in all possible circumstances, though.
Another option would be a different-coloured conference shirt, but
that will introduce logistics issues and along with a host of other
issues...

Fwiw, there seem to be lanyards in various neon colours on the web.

Richard

PS: Asking people who do not want to be photographed to wear bright
colours is somewhat counter-intuitive...