Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka

vedran writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka"):
> We understand your concerns but from our perspective things doesn't look
> so disorganized. Yes there is still a lot of missing points but at least
> there are well defined general guidelines about travel. Zagreb --> Banja
> Luka are very well connected with buses so even if you come to Zagreb
> without any preparation, you would not have any difficulty comming to Banja
> Luka. (Although i believe you will have all necessary guidelines on
> time.)  Just please don't make panic.

This is precisely the kind of response that I was complaining about.
What people need is INFORMATION, not reassurance.

Those flying into Zagreb need to know when they book flights (which
ideally would be done a month or two ago) that they have a good plan
for what they will do on arrival in Zagreb.

That means the kind of detailed information about what and how I
described in my previous email.  Telling people "there is a bus" is
not sufficient.  We need detailed information about times,
reliability, buying tickets, where to catch the bus, directions to
the bus station or stops, how to know when to get off, who will speak
which languages, etc.  Those who are arriving late at night need
recommendations for where to stay.

Instead, here we have another message telling us "don't worry" and
"don't make panic".

If you _provided the information_ people needed, no-one would be
worried.  Saying "it's all fine" but _not_ providing that information
tells us "not only is it not organised, but the people who would be
organising it don't understand the problem".

Ie, when you say "it's all fine" we see that there is a big problem.
That means that people who aren't confident in their ability to deal
with these kind of issues by themselves simply won't come to Debconf.

> Also, today Adnan presented DebConf11 organization at ODRS/CLUC event in
> Zagreb (www.dorscluc.org) and invited more more people to join travel team
> and help with those issues in case you are coming via Zagreb. People ware
> very interested in DebConf11 today so i have no doubt there will be some
> volunteers from Zagreb helping about this issue.

Where are the local team for Banja Luka in this conversation ?

Ian.