Re: [Debconf-discuss] Zagreb <--> Banja Luka

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 05:08:37PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
[...]
> Ideally we would have had this two months ago.

I really have no idea how the DebConf location selection process works,
but surely someone could have noticed that these questions aren't easily
answerable in the first place, before the location was selected, which was
a fair bit earlier than two months ago if I recall correctly? I mean,
seriously, did nobody spend a bit of time clicking around, trying to book
a dozen simple rides to the place from various places all on a specific
date? If not, well then, why are we even talking about this? :)

I googled the process now and found:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/LocationCheckList#Choice_of_city_.2F_town_.2F_whatever
Matters of electronics purchase and smoking are listed as more important
than proximity to air transport.
Also at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/PriorityList travel logistics is on the
penultimate place. So, things are actually a lot better compared to these
inferior prerequisites? :|

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.