Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenPGP primary key expirations: useful? [was: Re: Last call for keys for keysigning in New York City, USA during DebConf10]

They are also useful to discover and educate folks who do not
regularly refresh keys from the keyserver network. On more than one
occasion I've had folks tell me my key was expired when I'd updated
the expiry and pushed it to the keyserver network months ago. Such
folks are likely to miss revocation events, pushing expiry events to
these folks is a good way to educate them refreshing keys and about
other best practices.

--
bye,
pabs