Re: [Debconf-discuss] OpenPGP primary key expirations: useful? [was: Re: Last call for keys for keysigning in New York City, USA during DebConf10]

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:29:01 +0800, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> They are also useful to discover and educate folks who do not
> regularly refresh keys from the keyserver network. On more than one
> occasion I've had folks tell me my key was expired when I'd updated
> the expiry and pushed it to the keyserver network months ago. Such
> folks are likely to miss revocation events, pushing expiry events to
> these folks is a good way to educate them refreshing keys and about
> other best practices.

Excellent point! In fact this is why I started that best practices page,
because I kept having these 'opportunities' to educate people and I was
sick of writing the same information over and over, so now I have a URL
to point them to :)

micah