Re: [Debconf-discuss] Call for keys for keysigning in Edinburgh during DebConf7

On Thu, 31 May 2007 01:48:13 +0200, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org>
said:

> My guess is that Manoj's web of trust would be very small indeed. The

        Why is that surprising?  Trust is not given away by default; it
 has to be earned.  The web of trust is a matter of trust; sloppy
 procedures ought to prevent others from putting trust in your sigs.

        Weasel is probably right in that transitive trust is a
 non-starter,  since most people going around signing keys  don't really
 have a strong key signing policy; and most people have a weak policy
 about securing their keys.

        I think people think signing keys is a game designed to get
 lower their MSD, perhaps under the impressio that a low MSD is some
 sort of a metric of trust.

        Anyway. I do wish to thank people for helping me edit trust
 metrics for my keyring.

        manoj
--
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a
man. Dr. Johnson