Re: [Debconf-discuss] Call for keys for keysigning in Edinburgh during DebConf7

gregor herrmann:
> > The conference will be the ksp which will happen every time when two
> > or more people gather together to check IDs, key fingerprints and
> > hashes.
>
> A slight disadvantage I see in this setup is that it would require me
> to carry around my passport all the time which is not exactly
> convenient.

Yes, it is inconvenient. Although you can carry a photocopy of it, it'd
depend on people accepting to sign your key with such a document.
In my case, I wouldn't sign someone's key who show me only a photocopy
of some ID.

> > I'll create a page with the keys in the DebConf7 keyring and with
> > pointers to photos in [1]. For those without a mugshot, I'll ask
> > them to provide a pointer to their photos if they agree with that.
>
> The pentabarf registration system also has photos maybe they could be
> used, too?

I'm still a bit confused about the "are you part of group n? No? Oh, sorry.
Yes? We'll meet outside the hacklab tomorrow at 18, please be there.
Where's foo? It's 19 and he/she hasn't showed up. Geez. Well, the
keysigning will only happen between you and me, bar" thing. I think you
get my point.

AFAICT, most people like the stupidly long keysigning row. Those who
don't like it, will not show up on it and that's all, as it has happened
in the past. If you want to be in the big keysigning, be prepared to be
stood up for more than two hours saying the same over and over (or
writing it down and showing the note) and have some fun. Otherwise, do
not participate, those have been the options for everybody always. Why
to break it now?

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@ciencias.unam.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 <URL:http://linux.sgms-centre.com/advocacy/no-ms-office.php>