Re: 802.1x woes

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> > 3) fix wlan drivers...
>
> Yeah, sure, I'll just fix the 20-or-so different drivers that don't work. No
> problem :-)

 So, all and all we can conclude that wlan support in Linux and Debian
 in general is unreliable at best. 802.1x is not a new thing.

 Few things in general:

 - Make sure xsupplicant or wpasupplicant is not running before you
   start configuring things. You need be associated to AP and have
   interface up before you can start supplicant. Many have had
   problems cause of this, as either or both of the daemons were
   started in boot.

 - Please make sure that your drivers are even remotely up to date.
   At least seven people have gotten things working after driver
   update.

 - You might want to consider firmware update to your card, at
   least with orinoco cards. This has helped at least three
   persons.

 Most of the problems that come up are solvable. If you still
 can't get things working, please drop me a note.

		--j