Re: 802.1x woes

Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> > > 3) fix wlan drivers...
> >
> > Yeah, sure, I'll just fix the 20-or-so different drivers that don't work. No
> > problem :-)
>
>  So, all and all we can conclude that wlan support in Linux and Debian
>  in general is unreliable at best. 802.1x is not a new thing.
>
>  Few things in general:
>
>  - Make sure xsupplicant or wpasupplicant is not running before you
>    start configuring things. You need be associated to AP and have
>    interface up before you can start supplicant. Many have had
>    problems cause of this, as either or both of the daemons were
>    started in boot.
<snip>

This doesn't seem to be an issue with wpasupplicant, provided the -w
(wait) option is used.

In /etc/defaults/wpasupplicant I have:
ENABLED=1
OPTIONS="-i ath0 -D madwifi -w"

In /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf I have the network stanza given in the wiki.

With this configuration, I can connect to the network with a normal ifup
command.  However I have to stop wpa_supplicant before using the aalto
network.  The stanza given in the wiki doesn't seem to prevent it from
breaking that.

Ben.