802.1x woes

Are there any plans to get up some alternative way of getting on the WLAN? It
seems like _lots_ of people have problems getting it to work, and most of the
chipsets that _do_ work, only work with special kernel patches or specific
versions of firmware or different sub-revisions of the chipset...

I've tried _three_ different cards now (thanks to Tollef and Peter for
letting me borrow cards :-) ), and only one of them worked -- and then only in
ndiswrapper (the native Linux drivers won't), only in wpasupplicant and it
hangs for ~30 seconds or so every five minutes during rekeying or what's
really happening. This is... slightly annoying, and it seems to affect quite
a lot of people. Any ideas?

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/