Re: a 5 day DebConf? (was: Food)

also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2014-11-08 10:02 +0100]:
> What is the max for DebCamp - "preceeding for however many days possible
> and fundable."? 4 days? Right in the beginning the brief was '10-14' days,
> so I assume DebCamp goes for max 4 days?

I'd say DebCamp, if separate from DebConf, runs 3–6 days, and
DebConf runs for 8 days. So aiming for 10–14 days means 2-6 days of
DebCamp and 7-8 days of DebConf.

> I guess this is not only dependent on our budget, but also how
> much space the participants can afford to take off work?

Yes, this is a concern, as is budget, but the main issue is
obviously whether we can reserve the space and find enough beds for
people. It's hard to estimate the number of participants at DebCamp.
I sometimes work on the assumption of 25% of the number of attendees
at DebConf.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org