Food

Hi all

I've made a start on the food, but I feel a bit unsure of what to ask for. Please give more pointers?

So far I'm going with:

We require basic prices (2014 prices are fine) for sit down lunches, and sit down dinners.
The expected break down is 20% vegetarian, a few vegans, and a few 'special requests'. I am not sure what this means yet, but I imagine it's the gluten, lactose etc.
The numbers are around 50 people for 5 days, and then about 300 people for the next 5 days.

They are serious about good food, but there needs to be enough of it, rather than picky finger lunches. They spend a lot of time coding and working during the conference, so they need to be fed well.

This has been recommended by a colleague in the department:
http://www.appetitecatering.co.za

I am also waiting for Jessica's catering, as I see their van on campus often.

I think Martin's suggestion of going all vegetarian and asking people to indicate a meat preference is a great idea. If only for the sake of changing what's considered 'normal'.

regards
Bernelle