Re: revised implementation of the new voting machinery draft

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:47:11PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> It's a difference from the former implementation because the former
> implementation was wrong.
Maybe not: first it uses a completely different (but equivalent)
method for the computation (beat paths).  And second: the
implementation from the electionmethods.org web site

    http://electionmethods.org/CondorcetSSD.py

agrees with the old implementation, too.  Just
feed the input file

    .SUM A:    0   27   24   29   29
    .SUM B:   22    0   25   29   28
    .SUM C:   25   24    0   30   32
    .SUM D:   21   21   19    0   30
    .SUM X:   21   22   18   18    0

into it, to get

    .TIE A
    .TIE C

So I would say that a tie is the correct result in this case.
But maybe the new draft results in a tie, too?  I did not jet
wrap my head around this.

Jochen
--
                                         Omm