Re: revised implementation of the new voting machinery draft

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 07:27:28PM +0100, Jochen Voss wrote:
>     .SUM A:    0   27   24   29   29
>     .SUM B:   22    0   25   29   28
>     .SUM C:   25   24    0   30   32
>     .SUM D:   21   21   19    0   30
>     .SUM X:   21   22   18   18    0
> into it, to get
>     .TIE A
>     .TIE C

Hmm.. I think you're right.

A doesn't directly defeat C -- it only transitively defeats C through B,
and while C does defeat A, B defeats C at the same strength.  So there's
no reason to consider the B's defeat of C as having any more or less
importance than C's defeat of A.

I retract my statement that an option with no propositions doesn't belong
in the Schwartz set.

Instead: an option can't be eliminated from the schwartz set after all
propositions involving that option have been eliminated.

But I need to think a bit more about how I define ties.

Thanks,

--
Raul