Re: [OT?] What's wrong with my exim4 configuration?

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:45:56AM +0200, Itay wrote:
Newbie's question: is it a problem? Is there a risk?

Not really, but some people may prefer that their internal host names
and suchlike are not exposed to the outside world. I first noticed it

I can sympathize with the sentiment.  'Knowledge is power!'; right?
(I myself hid my local network true name behind 'machine.homenetwork' in this thread...)

when trying to configure my MUA to recognise my own mails to mailing
lists and replies to them - I couldn't match on message-it because
they were always "....@debian" despite envelope addresses being
correct. It took me some time to figure out that /etc/mailname was to
blame!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I think I will conclude this thread.
Itay