Re: [OT?] What's wrong with my exim4 configuration?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Gregory Nowak wrote:

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:33:46PM +0200, Itay wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
It looks like your mail configuration is now fixed.

I agree, for the most part anyway.

Finally -- I don't know if it is significant -- but I note in the
output below, for example 3 lines from the bottom, that the address
'root@fastmail.fm' appears.
This should not happen, right? because fastmail.fm is my provider's
public domain.  email from/to root@fastmail.fm would be suspect?

Yes. I would check /etc/mailname as Jonathan suggested. It should say
mynetwork instead of fastmail.fm. Changing that should fix this
issue. You could also consider using procmail/maildrop as Jonathan
suggested also.

Greg

As I mentioned in my reply to Jonathan -- this did the trick!

I would like to send a well-organized summary of the thread with the resolution. So I have one follow-up question:

I don't remember editing /etc/mailname by hand; 'dpkg -S' says it's not owned by any debian package.
So how this file gets its content?

Please educate me.

Many thanks for the help!
Itay