Re: Latex and utf8

Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi> wrote:

>> Tausands of things: tetex2 is stone old (pdftex 1.10 or so?), very old
>> packages. teTeX3 and TeX live are more or less uptodate, texlive for
>> debina is based on the 2005 edition which came out just a bit ago.
>> I guess Frank could tell you more...
>
> Will I perceive any difference? Are there some new features I should
> incorporate in my docs? I do use pdflatex now, instead of latex and
> converting dvi to pdf.

In this case I don't expect any problems, just less bugs, maybe smaller
PDF files, etc.

> Features I would like to see is good clean HTML generation of an tex
> document. Where I can reference in mydomain.com/style.css

This might be possible with tex4ht, but there's no TeX-to-html converter
included in teTeX.

> Obvious way to include images. I remember this being a pain whilst
> writing my thesis.

\usepackage{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\includegraphics[<scaling options>]{filename-without-extension}

includes *.eps in dvi mode, and *.pdf, *.jpg and *.png in pdf mode.  But
that already works well in teTeX 2.0.2.

Debian Developer (teTeX)