Re: Latex and utf8

Dear Kai,

On Mit, 22 Mär 2006, Kai Hendry wrote:
> >         \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>
> It doesn't work with the Korean letters I've tried.

Ok, this is not surprising. I guess you would have to take one of the
followin goptions:
- ptex (publishing Japanese TeX), I don't know, but maybe it works with
  Korean
- CJK package, which should work with utf8 input
  here you have to read up, but there is quite a lot of documentation
  on CJK around.

If you want to use the later option, I recommend the installation of
teTeX3 or TeX live (if you have unstable, then you with 99% teTeX3, for
testing you have to get teTeX3 backports), and furthermore the latex-cjk
package (maybe only latex-cjk-korean) which are hopefully going into
unstable soo, but are available from
        deb http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/

Greetings

MEETH (n.)
Something which American doctors will shortly tell us we are all
suffering from.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff