Re: Color depth issues (was Re: XF4 binaries, ...)

Peter Abrahamsen wrote:

> > > Do you specify a video=...:... for the second head as well?
> >
> > No, since I wasn't specifying one for the first. I used to do that, but it
> > didn't seem to make much difference, so I stopped using it. I have the
> > modes that I like for each monitor stored in /etc/fb.modes in case the
> > kernel or X messes something up.
>
> Ok, after muddling through the fb kernel source, I tried
> video=aty128fb:controlfb. Nothing new happened. Could someone please tell me
> the correct line to get both devices init'ed?

video=aty128fb: video=controlfb:

> In the source I also noticed something about 'vc:'. Does that mean I can put
> some vc's on specific devices from the command line?

Don't know what vc: is for, but you can get what you want with video=map:

E.g., if you want to put the first three VTs on fb0 and the other three on
fb1, you would use video=map:000111. Hope you get the idea.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project