Re: Color depth issues (was Re: XF4 binaries, ...)

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:41:29PM -0700, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
> > Do you specify a video=...:... for the second head as well?
>
> No, since I wasn't specifying one for the first. I used to do that, but it
> didn't seem to make much difference, so I stopped using it. I have the modes
> that I like for each monitor stored in /etc/fb.modes in case the kernel or X
> messes something up.

Ok, after muddling through the fb kernel source, I tried
video=aty128fb:controlfb. Nothing new happened. Could someone please tell me
the correct line to get both devices init'ed? In the source I also noticed
something about 'vc:'. Does that mean I can put some vc's on specific
devices from the command line?

Take care,

Peter