Re: RFS: conque

* harish badrinath <harishbadrinath@gmail.com>, 2011-10-04, 22:45:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/conque

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/conque/conque_2.3-1.dsc

I'm a little bit worried about the "files" field in the registry file. There are many .py files there, and it's possible that there'll be even more in future release, or that they'll change names. Unfortunately, vim-addon-manager doesn't handle well situations when the files lists changes over time. (The user will be just left with dead symlinks, or incomplete set of symlinks...)

I was told on #debian-vim that this will be fixed in future versions of vim-addon-manager, but (as far as I understand it) you would need to put your add-on in a separate private directory, i.e. not use /usr/share/vim/addons/.

Taking this into account, I propose to implement the following changes:

1) Move the files from /usr/share/vim/addons to /usr/share/vim-conque. [0]

2) Do not include conque_term/*.py in the "files" field. Instead, patch upstream source to hard-code value of the scriptdirpy variable.

What do you think?

[0] As suggested by James in:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-vim-maintainers/2011-September/008142.html

--