Re: RFS: conque

(Sorry for the long delay...)

* harish badrinath <harishbadrinath@gmail.com>, 2011-09-27, 23:45:
Regarding debian/copyright:
- As implied above, the correct way of dealing with newlines in the license text is not to remove them (because that makes the text a single logical line), but to escape them. Also you removed even newlines between paragraphs...
DONE

That's much better. I'd put a space between "Upstream-Name:" and "Conque", but that's only a minor aesthetical nit-pick.

W: vim-conqueterm:
virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends depends:
vim-python
Well, why didn't you follow the lintian advice of using a real package as
the first alternative to the virtual package?
DONE

That's all right now. (Personally, I'd use vim-nox as the first alternative, as this is the one with the least elaborate dependencies, but I don't insist.)

I see that you asked for a review at debian-l10n-english, but your long description isn't what Justin proposed. In fact, it still contains a reference to Powershell, to which I objected to previously.
DONE.
Now the package description reads
<snip>
This package is a Vim Plugin which allows you to run interactive programs,such
as bash or dash on Gnu/Linux, inside a vim buffer. In other words it is a
terminal emulator which uses a Vim buffer to display the program output.
</snip>

Uh. That differs in capitalization and punctuation from the text that Justin proposed in <20110912082158.GA20966@xibalba.demon.co.uk>. If you think that Justin's proposal needs improvements, please discuss it on the -l10n-english mailing lists. Or you could just use his text verbatim, which will make me shut up. ;)

Python modules should by byte-compiled at installation time. Please see Debian Python Policy 3.1.1 for details.
DONE, also prerm removes all pyc files thus generated (I verified it).

Good, but:

1) If someone installed conque when he had python 2.6 installed, and then upgraded python to 2.7, the modules needs to be recompiled (see last paragraph of Python Policy 2.6)

2) Your postrm possibly removes files of other packages.

2) You are not the first person to deal with the problem with the problem of bytecompilation, and some kind people even wrote helpers, so that you don't need to write postinst/postrm scripts by hand or worry about 1) or 2).

Other stuff:

Please add (non-empty :P) disabledby field to the YAML file, as recommended by the Vim packaging policy.

--
Jakub Wilk