Re: RFS: clipit

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Cristian Henzel wrote:
> thanks for your reply! I have also tried removing the reference to
> pthread.h in my program, hoping that it would take the symbols from
> libc, but I still got the same warning from dpkg-shlibdeps.
> So, should I put the reference to pthread back in and leave it like that
> (with the warning) and submit the bug against dpkg-dev?

Actually the problem is more complex apparently.

You don't need to link it to libpthread unless you call pthread_create
somewhere. So you need to fix the options passed to the linker to
drop the -lpthread (the library linked are unrelated to the include
you use, but if you can drop the include and it still builds it probably
means you don't need the library for real and you can drop it from the
linker command line).

So it's not a bug on dpkg-shlibdeps as I first suspected.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)