Re: RFS: clipit

Sorry, sending the message again because I forgot to cc
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.

Hello,

I have managed to get rid of the dpkg-shlibdeps warning by using the
flag '-Wl,--as-needed'. I have also solved the autogen.sh problem by
overriding dh_clean like this:

override_dh_clean:
	dh_clean
	./autogen.sh

I couldn't use the --autoconf and --automake flags of dh as you
suggested because my package also needs gettext (and a couple of other
things) to be run.
The only problems (at least as far as I can tell) left right now are
that autogen.sh asks for user input when running (this is because of
gettext) and I'm not sure if this is allowed, that a pretty big
patchfile gets created because of the extra files that autogen.sh
creates and that there are a couple of warnings left:

dpkg-source: warning: newly created empty file 'intltool-extract.in'
will not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: newly created empty file 'intltool-merge.in' will
not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: newly created empty file 'intltool-update.in' will
not be represented in diff
dpkg-source: warning: executable mode 0755 of 'configure' will not be
represented in diff
[...]
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package clipit: unknown
substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

I have also fixed the problems with the manpage and have made a new
upstream release to include all of the changes.

Regarding your comment:

> This is mostly nitpicking, so feel free to ignore.

I have to say that I appreciate every constructive comments and I thank
you very much for your patience and the great help.

Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Henzel Cristian