Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Andrew Suffield wrote:

> But you can approve a mangled variation on CC-BY, if you pretend that
> it's really the same thing? So just 'clarify' it into the MIT
> license...

Well... I'm asking about whether one can use a letter to clarify
ambiguities. For example, if it's not clear exactly what is meant by
"references", maybe I can say that "references" refers to "authorship
references". Can I do that? Or is that the same as making a new license?

I was hoping it'd be the same license, with an explanation of what those
terms were meant as.

I gather from your post that this isn't how a clarification letter works.
:-(

Best,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.