Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

Andrew Suffield wrote:

> Yes, we often do things like this when upstream has gotten attached to
> one of the crappier licenses.

Based on an initial comment, it looks like CC might be in that boat.
Apparently the CC licenses are carefully cooked to work well with each
other. So you can't just edit one, you'd have to review them all. At
least, that's the message I gathered.

I'll still ask them about fixing it. But even if they say "yes", I expect
the revised licenses won't be up for some time.

In any event, would you (Debian-legal) help me draft a short and simple
letter that would clarify away the problems?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.