Re: CC-BY : "clarification letter" ?

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:47:49PM -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> We also want to put our work on the OpenOffice.org website. And OOo has a
> rather limited set of options. For written text, the options are the
> Public Documentation License and the CC-BY.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/PDL.html
>
> The PDL is very inconvenient to use.

And it doesn't appear to be a free license.

<...>

> For this reason, also, the usual suggestions won't help us.

That doesn't make any sense. Why are you limited to this ridiculous
pair of licenses? Have you all gone collectively insane or something?
There are plenty of other licenses you could choose from, most
prominently the usual batch of suggestions.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |