Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> At the time, I wanted to leave a generous margin.  Over the course of
> discussion it has occurred to me that being charitable isn't
> particularly appreciated.  32,768 struck me as generous enough without
> giving away the farm.  You want 32,000, that's fine; you
> want 8,000, that's fine too.

What I want is, say, 1MB, with the additional rule that it is judged
"a small amount relative to the package as a whole", as judged by the
Debian developer and archive maintainers and others who are concerned
about a particular case.

> > Again, the things wrong with your proposal are:
> >
> > 	* a byte limit is not helpful at best, and more likely actively
> > 	  counterproductive.
>
> I have proposed several times to get rid of it.

Great, let's get rid of it!