Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 12:23:05PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Sometime in the next few years you might like to consider if there's a
> > more effective way to build consensus than your modus operandi.
> Yes, certainly posting a proposal to a public forum which presumably
> would be comprised of interested individuals with an interest in the
> outcome, and asking for commentary and support may not be the optimal
> method.  Democratic procedures are seldom the most efficient.

As usual, you fail to notice the part where you then go on to refuse
to consider any alternatives, or to consider whether dropping parts of
your wonderful Plan might make it easier to achieve a consensus that
will mostly meet your goals, and insist anyone who might thing you're
wrong has obviously failed to read and understand what you've written,
and spend more time citing debating rules than actually trying to convince
anyone of anything.

Not that there's any chance you'll clue yourself in this year. Maybe in
two or three though.

Cheers,
aj, eternal optimist

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt