Re: Beta2 preparation: proposed unblock for netcfg

Hi Gaudenz, Sorina, Philipp, -boot, -release (cc'd for information).

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> (27/08/2012):
> I'm not opposing this. But on the other hand having it in beta2 would
> mean that it gets testing now and we could fix eventual issues for
> beta3. As I said I don't expect there to be any issues, but you never
> know. Everything is ready and all it needs is an unblock.

Yeah, I've had troubles to decide, and now I've got to wait for cdebconf
(missing sig for ia64 build) and grub-installer (parasite hint, confusing
britney) to migrate anyway, so I've decided to look into this package
now.

Two things:

(1) For Sorina, Gaudenz.

6833ae452a563a360a772fc5dc68399b62082d11:
-    di_info("Waiting time set to %d", link_waits);
+    di_info("Waiting time set to %d", link_waits / 4);

Hmm, why 4? Let's see. It appears 4 is a magic number, appearing as:
|                 link_waits *= 4;
| …
|     di_info("Waiting time set to %d", link_waits / 4);
| …
|         usleep(250000);

It might be nice to introduce a constant here to make it explicit what
happens, and to be future-proof.

(2) For Philipp:

be8a052bf38fc121620fff90ea277eafb795713f:
+    buf = malloc(1024);
+    slen = readlink(path, buf, 1024);
[slen<0 check]
+    buf[slen + 1] = '\0';

If readlink returns 1024, that goes kaboom? (Also, using a constant
might be nice.)

I've added it to my hints file anyway, let's see how it goes for beta 2.

Mraw,
KiBi.