Re: Beta2 preparation: proposed unblock for netcfg(?)

Hi

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Hi Gaudenz,
>
> Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> (27/08/2012):
>> Just as an additional data point. I have been using all these changes
>> since they were commited in all my tests and don't know of any
>> unresolved problems. I also reviewed all changes made by Sorina before
>> mergeing them to trunk. But of course I can't garantuee that I did not
>> miss something. Another check is always appreciated.
>
> thanks for your input. I'm not sure I want to push an extra package to
> testing at this point, now I'd rather for beta 3 to get it in. Does that
> look sensible to you? If there's no delay for beta 2, preparing a beta 3
> release in roughly 1.5 month would seem realistic.

I'm not opposing this. But on the other hand having it in beta2 would
mean that it gets testing now and we could fix eventual issues for
beta3. As I said I don't expect there to be any issues, but you never
know. Everything is ready and all it needs is an unblock. But in the end
it's your call.

>> As a last part of the GSOC project we are working on a better solution
>> to carry over wireless configuration to the installed system. This
>> should avoid the current problems that the cleartext password is
>> written to /etc/network/interfaces and that network-manager does not
>> manage the wireless interface because of that.
>>
>> This code can be found in the people/sorina/write_config branch. I
>> don't intend to merge this before wheezy without prior discussion on
>> debian-boot. But personally I think both changes should go into the
>> wheezy installer.
>
> Feel free to mention that on -boot@ right after beta 2 is out, so we
> have time to discuss and push those changes for the beta 3 release
> cycle.

That sounds like a good plan.

Gaudenz

--