Re: New repo and some fixes for Gophernicus

On 29 Jan 2018, at 2:47, David Griffith <dave@661.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018, Kim Holviala wrote:
>
>> I don't have the username/password for the domain hosting company because
>> all of the copies and backups of all my passwords were confiscated, and I
>> don't have the email address that I used to register the domain because that
>> too was confiscated along with the server that runs the domain and the
>> emails. So I can't reset any of the passwords either...
>
> Are there any other ways you can authenticate yourself to the registrar?

This is getting slightly offtopic for the list... but since it's an intresting discussion I'll reply this once more.

A domain registration data has:
* username
* password
* first / last name
* email address
* street address
* phone number

Out of those I only have my username and first / last name, the rest have changed. I was forced to give up my old apartment (the address) because I didn't know if I was going to be in prison for four weeks or four years, my phone number was taken away from me (illegally, but that's irrelevant here), passwords and email accounts are all confiscated. By sending in a copy of my ID card + driver's license I could prove that my name is "Kim Holviala" but how is the domain registrant going to know it's the same Kim that owns the domains? Yes, in my case the name is totally unique and there's only one on this planet but are they going to take my word for it?

I think the only other thing that I have is the credit card that I used to pay for the domains - but I'm quite certain an European domain registrant is not allowed to keep the credit card numbers in their databases (for good reasons). So maybe photos of ID card, driver's license and the credit card would be enough... I think I'll ask them.

And rest assured I am going to sue the government to get my passwords, emails and domains back because those have absolutely nothing to do with the investigation that's going on. Investigation which was based on lies by the investigators I might add.

---

Coming back on-topic - next up is fixing building Gophernicus with new GCC which outputs loads and loads of new warnings compared to old ones. Some of the warnings are real and might be actual bugs in code but most are harmless - I still want to get rid of them all because it looks ugly. Then I think I'll install NetBSD & OpenBSD and test the latest version with them.

- Kim