Re: New repo and some fixes for Gophernicus

On 28 Jan 2018, at 18:36, David Woodfall <dave@dawoodfall.net> wrote:

Gophernicus now has a new home at Github and a new rolling release model - there will be no moar tar.gz releases

Does this mean no source code tarballs then, or?

Yep, I will no longer do tarballs - however Github does, automatically, it's behind the green button on top-right which says "Clone or download". Even the download url always stays the same:

https://github.com/kimholviala/gophernicus/archive/master.zip

Github will usually automake releases when a new tag is created.

I'm just thinking about the slackware package maintainer:
slackbuilds.org will *only* accept a definite version number for
source tarballs. They won't entertain downloading master.zip or such,
because it isn't stuck to one version that has been tested and is
known to work with the current slackware release.

The way around it is to grab master.zip, version it, and self-host
it somewhere. I've had to do this with a few things, but not all
maintainers have personal ftp space etc. to do this.

Although now that I think about it the zip format messes up the execute-bits on scripts... I might need to test & possibly fix that.

- Kim

//dave

:(){;printf "\x"$(printf "%x" $1);};: 0x53;: 0x6C;: 0x61;: 0x63;: 0x6B;: 0x77;: 0x61;: 0x72;: 0x65;: 0x20;: 0x52;: 0x6F;: 0x63;: 0x6B;: 0x73;: 0x21;: 0x0D;: 0x0A