Re: Packaging nouveau

OoO  En cette matinée  pluvieuse du  mercredi 14  mai 2008,  vers 10:40,
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> disait:

> FWIW, it would be useful for

>       * Drivers like mach64 or xgi which haven't been merged into the
>         kernel yet.
>       * Testing TTM/DRI2 functionality with intel drivers, though this
>         will probably require at least rebuilding some of the other
>         components, possibly from Git snapshots.
>       * Generally testing DRM functionality not merged into the kernel
>         yet (e.g. vblank-rework, support for newer ATI chips).

I can still  push what I have done in  pkg-xorg git repository. However,
since  I won't  use any  bit of  it,  it would  be difficult  for me  to
maintain (unless I succeed in running nouveau driver).

I can also  transform nouveau-kernel-module into drm-kernel-module. It's
easy.
--
panic("CPU too expensive - making holiday in the ANDES!");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/mips/kernel/traps.c