Re: PMF license / was: Re: [Xprint] Re: X Strike Force XOrg SVN commit: r19 -inxorg/trunk/debian: . scripts

> Since the xprint-org package is anyway maintained outside the xfree86
> tree AND considering that the whole purpose of these new X.org packages
> is to split the tree as much as possible, I suggest that we can just
> stop shipping the xprint code from x.org tree, since there is
> absolutely no point in shipping it twice and maintaing it twice.
> If nobody disagree with me i will start removing it within the next 2
> or 3 days.

I've got no particular problems with this, but give it a week or so to let
Roland or anyone else raise any objections.  The only reason we'd want to
X.Org's xprt is if it's perceived as a kind of "stable" version, where the
xprint.[mozdev.]org version would be the "bleeding edge" version.  But on
the other hand, I've been careful in general to only upload the official
("stable") versions from xprint.mozdev.org into debian, not the
development versions, so this would be a false perception, really.  The
official versions from xprint.mozdev.org should, by definition as it were,
be superior (if not identical) to the latest one in X.org.
I think if we'll agree to remove xprt (X.org) altogether, then it would
make best sense to rename my version as xprt, and turn xprt-xprintorg into
a dummy package which depends on the new xprt.
Drew