Re: Future of X packages in Debian

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:57:44PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > > * What kinds of X packages would you like to see in the future?
> >
> > I'd like to see a packaging that gives me the ability to mix and match
> > pieces from any of the choices we have available. IOW, meta packages to
> > get the "full" compliment of each version, or me picking cheeries if I
> > want. Lotsa work... But hey, you said you wanted to know.
>
> eheh but i doubt the XSF will have manpower to handle more than one
> implementation. Other people can join and package other parts from other
> sources.

I don't think separate X servers will require too much work at all, once
it's modularised. Remember, uploading tiny changes in tiny packages is
*easy*.

--
Daniel Stone                                                <daniels@debian.org>
Debian: the universal operating system                     http://www.debian.org