Re: xserver-s3 stoped working?

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 08:43:17PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:

> If this is indeed a Trio32, as it semes it is, it should be supported in
> 4.2.1-6

  I believe you are wrong. You can see a record of a prior discussion at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xfree-xpert&m=103724413025211.
The original poster was me and it was about the same hardware that I am
currently posting about. I looked at the 4.3.0 sources and it looks the
same as before.

>        , which is currently in sid (unstable).

  It is in sarge (testing) for some time now.

> There isn't an easy to just build the server, no. You'll need a little
> over 4gb for a complete build of XFree86.

  I am making arrangements to have that space available. Hopefully within
a few weeks I would be able to try again.

  Looks like I will have to downgrade to woody since I am too used to
the X environment.
--

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t