Re: xlibmesa naming and relationships

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:38:11PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:42:04PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:08:36PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> > >  > I just uploaded -5.1, you can see for yourself if built ok or not. I
> > >  > still think that my -5 upload fixed it, and that the alpha problem may
> > >  > be related to something else.
> > >
> > >  Ok.
> >
> > It built fine on alpha.
> >
> > i had to remove ghc5-opengl though, which apparently only depends on
> > xlibmesa-dev.
> >
> > So this is definitevely a problem with the xlibmesa packages.
>
> No it isn't.  There is no such thing as "devlibdeps" files.  It's up to
> the ghc5-opengl maintainer to delcare his -dev dependencies correctly.

No, this has nothing to do with ghc, which is not my package, and i just
noticed that it declared only xlibmesa-dev as build-depends. I don't
care enough though to file a bug report and just removed the package i
don't even know how it got on my system in the first place, but thought
i would note it here.

The real problem is explained in bug #180855, and is that
xlibmesa-glu-dev does not depend on xlibmesa-glu, which breaks
autocompilation of packages only build-depending on the -dev version.

Friendly,

Sven Luther