Re: xlibmesa naming and relationships

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:56:15PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:50:25PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>  > BTW, why is mesag3 not called libgl-mesa ? And i agree that the 3 is
>  > more confusing than something else.
>
>  The way I see it, people using mesa (instead of xlibmesa) have a reason
>  for that and renaming the package would make upgrades more difficult
>  (or make apt prefer xlibmesa over mesa).  Since I agree that the "3" is
>  confusing, I'm probably end up having emtpy packages with the old names
>  -- for a release or two.  The point is, I need 6 such empty packages...

Notice that apt-get install mesag-dev complains that mesa-common-dev is
not going to be installed.

That said, suppose i build my executable with mesag3, and then which to
run it on a system where xlibmesa is installed. Will it work ? And if
yes, will it be hardware accelerated ?

I just uploaded -5.1, you can see for yourself if built ok or not. I
still think that my -5 upload fixed it, and that the alpha problem may
be related to something else.

Friendly,

Sven Luther