Re: xlibmesa naming and relationships

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:56:02PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:47:52PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>  > Definitively, this improved the situation, but it still fails on
>  > alpha with :
>  >
>  > Error on dynamically loaded library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1:
>  > symbol __gxx_personality_v0, version CXXABI_1.2 not defined in file
>  > libstdc++.so.5 with link time reference
>  >
>  > Anyway, i think i should fill a bug report about this.
>
>  I am *extremely* curious.  Can you try building with the mesa packages
>  instead of the xfree86 packages?  They are linked differently,
>  shouldn't make a difference, but, if it does, it might help Branden
>  narrow the problem down (or myself become aware of the problems).

Mmm, ...

I removed all the xlibmesa packages, and tried to install the mesa
packages. There is a mesa-dev packages, and libglu-mesa and
libglu-mesa-dev packages, but no mesa 5.0.0 package providing libgl.

Should i try installing the mesag3 ones or use xlibmesa with libglu-mesa
?

Friendly,

Sven Luther