Re: m68k buildd's without 1.5GB of free disk should not attempt xfree86

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:56:47PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:29:49PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > On Mit, 2002-10-09 at 19:25, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > A servers-only build compiles Xlibs because the X server needs the X11
> > > header files in the exports directory.  Apparently Imake doesn't know
> > > how to express "just export the headers, don't really compile the
> > > library".
> [...]
> > What about using the system installed headers, like the DRI tree does?
>
> And have XFree86 Build-Depend on itself?  No thanks!

It's bad enough that freetype2 depends on xutils, and xfree86 depends on
freetype2... (though one can at least work around it in ugly ways when
bootstrapping a new port, by forcibly setting the freetype-build options to
build it within xfree86 long enough to make xutils build, then rebuilding
it correctly).

Making X Build-Depend on itself would be... augh. I'd have to start pulling
my hair out.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/