Re: i810 in X 4.1/2

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:

|> Well, that would explain it.  Some people are very sensitive to refresh
|> rates of 60 Hertz, and this can be exacerbated by fluorescent lights in
|> North America which cycle at the frequency of wall current, which is
|> also 60 Hz.  I've also seen nearby AC motors cause more disruption to
|> CRTs that are refreshing at 60Hz.
|>
|> The VESA organization recommends refresh rates of no less than 72Hz.
|>
|> Your Monitor settings are pretty conservative.  What kind of monitor do
|> you have?  You might try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and
|> selecting a higher monitor "quality".

Thanks again. The monitor is whatever generic monitor comes with the
Dell Optiplex. I set this up for a colleague, who was given the
machine by the university. No manuals, so I was sort of feeling my
way, and also aiming to be conservative. I think I overdid it.

I'll try your suggestions.

Thanks a lot and good luck,

Jim