Re: "SOLVED": Re: startx -- :1

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 04:05:34PM -0700, Ron Steinke wrote:
> In a similar vein, I've been having troubles with xdm at startup recently.
> During startup, the "starting xdm" message is printed but nothing happens.
> Running /etc/init.d/xdm by hand works fine, though. I haven't messed with
> this by hand, so I'm guessing the problem is some recent update to
> Debian xdm (I'm running testing).

I thought I would take this opportunity to remind everyone that debian-x is
not a user support list.

Anyway, /var/log/xdm.log may have an explanation of why no local server is
starting.  Also check /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and confirm that you're
*trying* to start a local server.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Exercise your freedom of religion.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Set fire to a church of your