Re: "SOLVED": Re: startx -- :1

From: Hugo van der Merwe <hugovdm@mail.com>

> > This is a Debian specific question, Debian has forked its own "startx".
> > I think it may have broken during this forking.
>
> I see this is already in the BTS, and has been marked as "done". I'll
> read all these reports, and will post again should it still be unclear
> to me. Sorry for wasting people's time by not checking this first. ;)

In a similar vein, I've been having troubles with xdm at startup recently.
During startup, the "starting xdm" message is printed but nothing happens.
Running /etc/init.d/xdm by hand works fine, though. I haven't messed with
this by hand, so I'm guessing the problem is some recent update to
Debian xdm (I'm running testing).

Ron Steinke