Re: dm management of wm listings (kdm/gdm/etc..)

>     Ivan>   Solution?: create a program (update-dm?) that would pull
>     Ivan> the current list of window/session-managers installed on the
>     Ivan> system and build the appropriate config files for whichever
>
> You should probably consider whether this program ought to simply be
> update-menu.  Is there any reason not to have a menu of window
> managers?  You could then have the method for the DM only pull window
> managers.  Note this is a serious question; there may well be many
> good reasons this is a bad idea.

hmmm...well menu already has the "wm" bit and if wm's create a menu entry using
this that would allow for singling them out.  menu also has the ability to
do just about anything theoretically and would require no other programs
except for customized menu-methods for each dm provided by the dm's.

I don't see a reason why it can't be used.  It's a *MUCH* cleaner approach than
using the alternatives list and allows for proper names (ie.. Gnome vs.
gnome-session).

/me runs off to try it with kdm...

Ivan

--